Apply and Receive Idaho Unemployment

In light of the current economic situation, it can be difficult to find a job to replace the one you lost if you happen to become unemployed in Idaho. Living without a paycheck can cause financial problems that can lead to stress and emotional instability. If you're unemployed in Idaho, you should apply for unemployment as soon as possible after being laid off in order to receive unemployment benefits as quickly as possible.

You can file an Idaho application for unemployment in several different ways. You can file online, by phone or in person at one of Idaho's many Department of Labor offices. Filing online is easy, and you can do it by visiting the IdahoWorks System. If you would prefer to file by phone, you'll need to call your local unemployment office. There are many of them in the state of Idaho, with the main office located in Boise. For a complete listing of offices in the state, see here. The list also offers phone numbers for all offices in Idaho. If you're unsure as to which office you should visit, or if you have other questions about receiving unemployment benefits, call the main Boise office at (208) 332-3570 or email them at Offices are open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

In order to file an unemployment application, you'll need to provide some information about yourself and your past work history. Idaho offers wages of up to $334 a week in benefits, with the number of weeks of full entitlement ranging from 10 to 26 weeks. The Department of Labor will need to know the names, contact information, dates of employment, gross wages earned, and the reason why you're no longer working for all of the employers you have worked for in the past two years.

 This information will help them to determine if you're eligible for unemployment compensation in Idaho, and if so, how much you can receive. You'll also need identification such as your Social Security number, driver's license, and contact information to be able to complete your unemployment application. Those who are not citizens of the U.S. will need their Alien Registration card and number, and people who have served in the military during the last two years will need their DD Form 214.

[Go Back]    [^ Back to Top]